We are conscious of the potentially harmful impact on patients if amalgam removal is not conducted following strict protocols and the harmful impact of amalgam disposal on the environment. Our practice has protocols in place to minimise this impact.
The International Association of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT) have been sponsoring research in the area of dental amalgam as a source of significant mercury exposure and associated health risks. It is the leading body in educating dentists and allied professionals in the methods of safely dealing with amalgam fillings, and safely disposing the waste.
- We practice safe amalgam removal, guidelines established by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT) are followed and include the use of rubber dams and removal of amalgam in blocks to minimise mercury vapour.
- We have air filtration systems in every surgery, designed to reduce exposure of mercury vapours for patients and staff during appointments.
- We practice safe disposal of mercury.
- We provide an environment that prevents healthcare associated infection.
- We adhere to DBA and ADA guidelines.
8:30 am - 5:30pm
LocationLevel 3 North Terrace House
19 North Terrace
EnquiriesPhone: 8362 3744